Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. carlo201983

carlo201983 New Member

Good afternoon,
    I have a 500gb HD WD5000BEVT-00A0RT0,
    are looking for a bin file for it. in the network are able to find the max. bin file from the Xbox 320gb working properly but of course I recognized as such, someone help me?

2. Makrozz

Makrozz New Member

help help know if this is compatible HD WD2500BVVT for xbox 360

3. Rick

Rick Moderator

It should work fine.

4. Makrozz

Makrozz New Member

I will risk thanks

5. Makrozz

Makrozz New Member

already set up and works well. . .

you can add on supported models WD2500BVVT. ..

and thanks for the help

6. StreetShaker

StreetShaker New Member

Ok. New here. Registered because of this tutorial alone actually. The problem I'm having is after I start to "format" the HDD it writes sectors 16-22 then gives me and error that it cannot create the restore file or w.e.

I've searched endlessly, and seen many had this issue, but everyone just drops off after they post their problem, no solution seems to have been given or explained. I'm using a Hitachi 250GB HDD, which is the same model/serial and OEM MFGR as the WD Scorpio Blue 250's. Can anyone PLEASE help me! I dont want to have wasted my money.

One side question I have is could I flash WD firmware onto this drive to try and solve the problem that way? Any help is greatly appreciated. I would love to have this done tonight.

7. Rick

Rick Moderator

You can try doing this.

8. mikejwil

mikejwil New Member

Excellent thread! Thank you very much for posting such detailed instructions and download links. For reference, here are my specs:

Xbox 360 Slim
    Western Digital Scorpio Black 320GB - WD3200BEKT - Mfg Date 01/31/2013 - picked up from NewEgg for $60.
    Sandisk Cruzer Switch 4GB USB - way more space than needed, but it was at hand.

I used the following from the instructions:

HddHackr v1.40 Build 20130303
    Bootable USB Drive Creator Tool
    HDDSS320.bin

Everything went just fine. No problems encountered. The only thing of note is that I had to format the USB stick as FAT32 because of it's size.

Thanks again!

9. StreetShaker

StreetShaker New Member

Just an update for anyone who cares, I ended up just buying a WD Scorpio Blue 320 from Best Buy here in the states. $52 out the door, and it was in my xbox soaking up all my DLC in about 10minutes. It really is that easy.

FYI I didnt back up the XBOX1 Emulator as I have 2 perfectly fine original XBOX Consoles.

Thanks again for this tutorial!!!

10. leandromunhoz

leandromunhoz New Member

Hello everybody!
    I have a problem, I have a WD Blue 250GB and then taking it from my Xbox360 she no longer recognizes the BIOS. Wanted to re-use it in Windows does not recognize but as I have no way to run the program HDDHackr

Anyone know what can be?

I thank the help and sorry for my bad english ...

11. Rick

Rick Moderator

Is it the only hard drive connected? Connect it to the first sata port, it should be recognized by the bios if it's not a broken hard drive.

12. GaST

GaST New Member

Hello! Thanks for the instructions, it really helps but I've got a problem. Hdd wd blue (wd3200bpvt) all works fine except one thing: this hard drive really likes to sleep and when it wakes up music in some games interrupts, it's really annoying. I believe it's because of "great" WD feature: hdd drive head parking. Can anyone tell me how to disable this? Or maybe this is because of hdd and I should buy black series hdd? Thanks for the help! Sorry for my english, it's not my native language

13. Rick

Rick Moderator

A user has posted instructions here. https://digiex.net/guides-reviews/c...work-xbox-360-xbox-360-slim-48.html#post61553
    I'm not sure if that will work because the drive is modified by hddhackr. I personally don't do that on wd drives that are going to be used on the xbox 360 , but i will do that on wd drives used for storage / os

You can try this, but backup everything first. https://digiex.net/downloads/downlo...eguard-diagnostic-western-digital-drives.html
    What games are you having problems with?

14. GaST

GaST New Member

I think it's not a problem now :) I tried to restore firmware because of instructions link above and now my hdd died. After starting pc it just clicking once or twice sometimes and bios doesn't detect it. Tried to flash firmware and restore firmware again - and receive an error message: drq err 0x0816. So, I think nothing to do with this and should I buy new hdd? Ah, those experiments :)

15. akkhaing

akkhaing New Member

Thanks,
    I did manage to convert WD 160 bevt HD to 120 GB XBOX HD and used in slim X BOx for 2 years.
    i decided to change bigger HDD and convert that 160 GB hdd back to old firmware.
    I could not find my undo file but managed to use compatible one WD 160bevt -80zct0.
    However, my HDD size remain 120 GB instead of changed back to 160 GB.
    HDD work well except reduced size with that firmware.
    Please advise me how can I regain original capicity.
    thanks

16. Rick

Rick Moderator

If you have windows 7 open the drive with disk management and see if there is any extra space un allocated.
    You can use this if you don't have windows 7 or windows 8.
    Easeus Partition Master Free Edition - CNET Download.com

17. akkhaing

akkhaing New Member

Thanks Rick,
    It showed only 112 GB without partition on disk management.
    I connected it via eSATA dock. I tried to disconnect it by changing to offline/ on line/ update driver without any luck.
    I run WD firmware updater but it con't detect my HDD although properties of HDD showed WD160BEVT 88zct0.
    Finally, I disconnected it from dock, reconnected as USB HDD and run WD firmware updater but failed.
    Fortunately, I found my HDD became 148.92 GB i disk management when I check again.
    I can't explain how did it change.
    Probably physically turned off HDD dock power and reconnect to PC might finalize firmware restore.
    HDD power was on continuously on in teh DOCK although PC rebooted a few times after FW restore.
    I think, FW restore might need to restart HDD but mine was running continuously (evern after PC reboot) since it was in HDD DOCK with separate power supply.
    thanks for your support anyway:D

18. lizzarez

lizzarez New Member

I get the error "DRQ Error: 0x0815" "Can't save drive firmware for later restore!" e tested three Pendrive without any results. are not write-protected.
    is the original hard drive of the Xbox 360 slim. brand hitachi of 320gb
    I hope and I can help.

19. Petuhoff

Petuhoff New Member

Hi, everybody! I'm looking for wd3200 BPVT 80JJ5T0 (5 sep 2012) undo.bin file. Thanx. Also, does anybody know if I could recover a brick using dos hex editor- just importing this to 16-22 sectors?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  20. lizzarez

lizzarez New Member

please help