Hack a 250gb, 320gb or 500gb Sata harddrive to work in the Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Guides' started by InsaneNutter, Dec 8, 2009.

1. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

Ok so I reconnect my 250gb HD and rerun hddhackr. Select the partition option and wait for it to be done, then shut off the computer.

Then I have to open my 360 and take out the hard drive and connect it to my PC? Then what? I'm a little confused how I am supposed to run Explorer 360 if my last hard drive worked in DOS, how will my 4gb 360 drive be recognized on my pc?

2. Rick

Rick Moderator

xplorer360 will recognize the drive,do not format in windows at all

3. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

Ok, right now I'm trying to remove my 4gb hard drive from my Xbox but the pieces are proving difficult to remove and I don't want to break anything. The more I read the guide on the first post the less sense it makes.

First I have to reconnect my new 250gb hard drive and rerun hddhackr and make the partitions.

Then I connect my original 4gb hard drive to my computer and run Explorer 360 Extreme.

Then I have to Backup Partition 2.

Then I have to backup my saves/profiles and all my things, how do I do this? The guide steps are unclear and when he says "dump" the files, I'm not quite sure what it means.

After that, I'm supposed to connect my newly hacked 250gb drive and run Explorer 360 Extreme again and Restore Partition 2? Does this include my saves and profiles etc? I don't understand.

Then it says to download Explorer 360 250gb Edition and then what? The guide kind of stops there and assumes I know what I'm doing, which I don't know..

Could you please clarify exactly what I have to do in the bold sections?

Thanks again in advance for even replying to my posts, I hope I'm not asking too much but I just want to get this right.

4. Rick

Rick Moderator

did you take apart your xbox?

5. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

Right now I have both panels off, I have to keep going right down to the center don't I? Is there an instructional video on how to specifically get to the hard drive? Every video I find just takes the pieces apart but doesn't go into specifics on where the hard drive actually is and what to exactly remove to get to it.

6. Rick

Rick Moderator

your not supposed to take apart your xbox for this hack.

7. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

Well the thing is I have a 4gb Xbox S and I'm trying to flash a 250gb WD Scorpio Blue series to replace it. If I don't take out the hard drive how am I supposed to get my profiles/saves and the emulation for Xbox 1 games off of it? I didn't start with a big old 360 hard drive, I'm trying to upgrade my 4gb to a 250gb.

8. Rick

Rick Moderator

9. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

So I can leave my original 4GB hard drive in my 360 S and be able to transfer all my profiles and data to the new 250gb?

So once I run hddhackr and add the partitions and then put that emulator file on my 250gb drive. I put the 250gb drive into my Xbox and then go to my settings and format it and punch in the serial number and then I can transfer all the stuff off my 4GB to the 250GB?

EDIT: How do I use the Xplorer Extreme if I'm not using an old 360 hard drive to back up my file? Do I just plug in my hacked drive and skip the backup and go straight to Restore Partition 2?

And then what's the point of downloading the Xplorer 360 250gb Edition? What do I do with that?

10. Rick

Rick Moderator

yes.or you could leave it on there.its your decision

11. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

Ok then, this is good news because I was beginning to think I screwed myself over and I was getting worried.

So right now I really need you to clear something up for me. To finish this I need to connect my flashed hard drive and run HDDHACKR again and run the partitioning tool.

Then I have to shut off my PC and boot normally and run Explorer 360 Extreme and SKIP backup partition 2 and go straight to Restore Partition 2?

Then what do I do with Xplorer 360 250gb Edition, do I need that at all or was that only to transfer save/profile files from the old 360 to the new 360 S?

EDIT: Ok now I'm really confused, if I'm going to download the Partition2 because I don't have an Xbox 360 hard drive, how am I supposed to boot windows on my 250gb flashed drive and put the partition on there? I can't run windows on a hard drive that doesn't obviously have windows installed.

12. Rick

Rick Moderator

did you already run hddhackr?

13. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

I just ran hddhackr again and created partitions 0/2/3. What do I do now? How am I supposed to put the Partition2 file onto the flashed HDD when it doesn't boot in windows?

14. Rick

Rick Moderator

i just sent you a visitor message.it makes it easier to talk

15. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

I don't know if anyone else is on but I need help finishing the last part of the hack.

I created the partitions and I'm ready to add the Partition2 file to my 250gb hard drive. Remember I am not backing it up from an old 360 hard drive, I am taking the actual Partition2 file from Hoffman and putting it on my drive. How do I do this? Do I just run Xplorer Extreme and skip the backup step and do the restore step?

Then do I need to do anything with Xplorer 250gb Edition since I don't have any files to transfer over?

Hope someone can answer this soon as possible as I'd like to get this done soon and put my hard drive in and test it.

16. Rick

Rick Moderator

How do I do this? Do I just run Xplorer Extreme and skip the backup step and do the restore step?
    yes
    look at these images
    [​IMG]
    then
    When windows has loaded up again load Xplorer 360 Extreme again, remembering to run it with administrator rights and select Drive > Restore Partition 2 and select the backup you made from your old 20gig drive.
    [​IMG]It is important you just close Xplorer360 after that, massing about with anything else will corrupt Partition 3.
    Then do I need to do anything with Xplorer 250gb Edition since I don't have any files to transfer over?
    nope

17. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

I am restoring it right now, it's been going for like 10mins+ is this normal or something?

18. Rick

Rick Moderator

did you run as admin?

19. UWSCSS

UWSCSS Member

I didn't choose run as Admin the first time and it kept going for almost 30mins the green bar restoring and it didn't do anything. I just closed it and ran as Admin, hopefully it works this time.

20. Rick

Rick Moderator

ok.let me know