1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Pokemon GBA UK Berry Glitch Fix Shiny Zigzagoon Distribution GBA Rom Download [UK / EUR]

Discussion in 'Pokemon GBA Event Distributions' started by Professor Oak, Mar 8, 2017.

1. acgt101

acgt101 New Member

hello, i am currently working on recreating this event on my pokemon sappire cartidge and have run into an issue. when i press start to begin the update, the game boy with sapphire in it seems to restart and shows the screen "berry program update", but stops there, on the system with the distribution rom (loaded on an ezflash omega) 2p returns to "not connected". i have replaced the battery in the sapphire cartridge and have yet to fix the clock. anyone have any ideas?

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Are you powering the GBA receiving the update on and holding start / select to enter multiboot mode?

If so do you have space in your party to receive the Zigzagoon? is the cart genuine?

3. acgt101

acgt101 New Member

i am entering multiboot mode and the cartridge is genuine. there is also enough space in my party. it begins the update, but the distribution cartridge seems to loose connection when the sapphire cartridge starts loading the update.

4. InsaneNutter

You said you had replaced the battery and are yet to fix the clock, try fixing the clock.

If not what differs from 1:14 in this video?

5. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

Have you started the rom in "CLEAN BOOT" with "FLASH128" set as save type?

6. acgt101

acgt101 New Member

got the clock fixed and the distribution now works, thank you for your help. the way this manifested is that i would get the black screen saying "berry program update", however no other text would be on the screen.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  7. FrazzledMagikarp

FrazzledMagikarp New Member

I'm trying to get this to work via VBA - M 2.1.4 in my Win10 laptop. One guide suggests having a copy of the GBA bios file. Either way (with/without GBA bios), I can't get the second instance of the VBA to load the GameBoy/Nintendo screen and even when I try and connect with the bios 'turned on', it says that it couldn't load the bios. Ignoring the whole bios thing, I still can't get the GameBoy/Nintendo screen to load. Even if I reset it, it goes directly to the Pokemon copyrights(?) part then onto loading the game.

Help me understand, please?

I am a...
    FrazzledMagikarp

8. aPangolin

aPangolin New Member

Hello. I'm trying to get the Berry Glitch Fix Zigzagoon on Ruby V.1.0 using VisualBoyAdvance. However, my game screen freezes when I click Start + Select. I have both screens set as Save Type Flash 128 K, Real-Time Clock activated, and Link Type: Cable.

I don't know what I might be doing wrong, as I've seen in this thread and in a Youtube video that it is possible to apply the Berry Glitch Fix this way.
    AlamosIT mentioned "CLEAN BOOT" in a previous message in this thread. Could that be what I'm missing? I don't know how to start the rom that way.

Hope someone can help me!

9. InsaneNutter

Do you have "Link at boot selected" ?

upload_2024-1-7_12-48-28.png

Also I think when I used the distributions on emulators I had to download the GBA bios, then tell the emulator to use that to get multiboot distributions working:

upload_2024-1-7_12-47-53.png

That might not be required, however it can't hurt to try if you are not already doing that.

I did find using the distributions on an emulator a bit hit and miss at times, so found it more convenient to use on real hardware if you have that option (via a flash card). Although this was a few years ago so link cable emulation might have improved a bit since then.

10. aPangolin

aPangolin New Member

I did not have "Link at boot selected", but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. I have the bios stuff set up, and even tried to do the process without the bios just now, just to see if it worked, but no luck there as well. I don't have the means to do this using real hardware, and it seems like VisualBoyAdvance isn't working, so I might try with a different emulator, like mGBA.

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: this is how far I can get. The Ruby screen freezes when I click Start + Select, and the other screen never connects

Attached Files:

11. AlamosIT

AlamosIT Backup Master

I've never been luck using VisualBoyAdvance with distribution ROMs.
    But NO$GBA works like a charm for me.
    You can follow the little guide written here (that works also with latest NO$GBA version).

InsaneNutter likes this.
  12. aPangolin

aPangolin New Member

It worked! Thank you very much! Once I followed the steps without missing anything, I got the zigzagoon!
    It has OT RUBY, though. I thought it would have my OT, but I guess the OT is set for RUBY or SAPPHIRE?

As a sidenote, using mGBA was freezing exactly the same way as VisualBoyAdvance. Weird, but I guess they might work similarly.

Thank you once again, I'm very happy with my Zigzagoon :)

AlamosIT likes this.
  13. InsaneNutter