1. Welcome to the Digiex Download Center, you are welcome to download anything you like here, no registration is required! We offer direct download links with no captchas or wait times.
    We do our best to ensure no content infringes copyrights, and provide a DMCA Takedown Request Form to request the removal of content from Digiex

Dungeon Keeper 2 [Full Version 1.7]

Discussion in 'Games' started by Trisha Takanawa, Mar 23, 2008.

1. turd

turd New Member

I don´t know how to change to win 98 compatibility mode... I rightclick on the file and then go to properties but then there is no "Compatibility" in the tab?
    Oh, almost forgot, I have xp.

Can anyone help me?

2. Felsworn

Felsworn New Member

I've done what is needed to get the game going. It runs like a charm on vista, however in all menu's the cursor is extremely slow. Ingame theres no problem at all though. But what can i do to get the cursor in the menu's to move at more normal speeds ?:S

3. randylils

randylils New Member

Hi
    I have Vista and the game is working fine. But when I use the editor and create a new map or edit a map and save it back, with a new name. It doesn't appear in the skermish area under single player. What do I have to do? The seams to be no help in this area.

Thanks
    Randy

4. phone185

phone185 New Member

how do i install the game ?

5. phone185

phone185 New Member

ive installed the game and im running it in it in the right compatabilty mode but when i play the game you cant see anything except your hand and the hud help me plz

6. Chaos

Chaos New Member

I've read through the entire thread, yet I cannot find an answer to my problem with this download.

You see, when I click certain buttons in the game (it varies. I've seen Options, Save, Treasury, and Review Objectives so far) the game auto crashes. This does not discern between one compatability mode to another, its universal to all of them. I'm running a computer with Windows XP, have burned the download to a disk to work it, and have the following changes made.

Compatability Mode: Any, it doesn't care which one.
    Run in 256 colors
    Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution
    Disable visual themes
    Turn off advanced text services for this program.

(in game)

Disable Hardware excelleration (The only one I could find that was mentioned through out the thread)

If it makes any difference, it happens most on the fourth campaign level, often when a Dark Elf (if this is unusual for a normal playthrough, do know that I have invoked the cheats the game has) is making her lair or just after.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: Hang on, I might've fixed it myself. I assume its reasonable for crashes to happen when two different resolutions are selected for the same game, one in properties and one in graphic options in game.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  7. lizo84

lizo84 New Member

Anyone help?

OK guys this is my first post to this site so want to say a big cheers for getting this game up as back in the day DK1 was my fav game ever and i really enjoyed DK2 etc as well

Anyway im running off a new Macbook Pro 17" and Snow Leopard fully updated.

Ive installed wine (latest version) and also downloaded the game from the original link on page 1 of this thread

Game is installed and now in my applications folder,
    When i click on it it appears in my dock and the screen resolution changes to huge (aka back in the day resolution)
    Screen then goes black and stays that way until it just goes back to the normal desktop aka it crashes etc

Or the other thing it does is .. screen goes to the old resolution but doesnt go black (as in i can see the programs i have running in the background but huge) then it crashes

If anyone can help that'd be beyond amazing,

Kinda regards

8. Commando

Commando Member

I downloaded this and had a similar problem but it was on a Windows XP machine. Can you go into the main menu of the game before it crashes? if so try to go into options as quick as possible, then sounds options and tick off Qsound then press ok or go back to the main menu. That worked for me.

9. jefferyjbren

jefferyjbren New Member

when i try to launch the screen goes black like its loading... but it just stays black and i have to restart my computer i tried compatibility with windows 95/98/xp but none worked. im using vista

10. Crazyuk420

Crazyuk420 Resident

Thanks my bro will like this

11. spidermark

spidermark New Member

I hope someone can help me with this. Everytime i try to install this game it gets to about 90 something percent and then it gives me this error :Data\sound\Sfx\speech_hornySfx.map: error performing inpage operation. I re download this twice and re burned it twice and still the same error. I am running windows xp. Any help would be great!

12. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter Resident Nutter Staff Member

Does your download finish 100% ?? use Chrome or Firefox... if you use IE it cuts off halfway though a download it will say its finished when it hasn't.

Also mount the game on a fake DVD drive using a program such as Daemon Tools.

Hope that helps.

13. lt mor

lt mor New Member

hello.
    I installed they game and can get it to start.
    but in the game there is no playable map.
    I can see the menu bar but very bad.

the download and CD burn were OK.

good day.

14. Borntohunt

Borntohunt New Member

in game

heey thanks for all the info love this game alot when i was litle and still like it.
    the thing i wanted to ask is i can get the game started but in the game its dificult to control my mouse its not responding correctly can any of you guys give some info on how to fixs it. thanks

and btw if you downloaded the patch and mounted the image etc etc the shortcut is on your desktop right click it and change the settings there to start the program with windows 98 or xp dont try to change all of you pc settings to 98 or xp ( like i tryed to do) :P

15. Aushrekal

Aushrekal Member

sry about second posting, edit tab wasnt on screen lol... SRY

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  16. Aushrekal

Aushrekal Member

Map editor!!!

SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Help Please!

It's been a while and no one has responded on how to help make the editor made maps work.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  17. NorthBlue

NorthBlue New Member

New trackers to add since PB is no mo, roughly 80 seeds

18. ughzach

ughzach New Member

Hey, guys.

So, firstly, thanks a bunch for this. I adore this game, and I've been attempting to find myself a copy for weeks.

Secondly, I have an issue. I downloaded the ISO, put it on a CD, and installed it, all fine. But now, as soon as I attempt to run the game, my screen goes black, as if to load, and then directly back to desktop. I've attempted reinstalling it, but nothing works. What do you guys think? Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
    Zach

19. Dkdd

Dkdd New Member

You have to run the game in compatibility mode, Windows 98 worked for me.

If you don't know how to do this right click on the shortcut icon and go to properties, then the compatibility tab and check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows 98/Windows ME". Should fix the problem.

20. michaelss

michaelss New Member

Hi,
    Having a problem. I downloaded the the game,installed it, switched compatibility to Windows 98. But we i hit play button nothing happens..